Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Blues

My team won. The Steelers have six Super Bowl wins--more than anyone else. Beautiful. Chicago sent me over 100 text messages tonight, plus two or three phone calls, plus some outgoing ones of my own. The Super Bowl is honestly a bigger deal to me than my birthday. It's something I look forward to every year, and I'm glad I had a place to go tonight. But damn it, Chicago misses me. And I miss it.
But wasn't that game amazing? That was a Super Bowl. It was only boring for about ten minutes. Excitement, close calls, weird calls, and good defense from both sides all the way through. Just brilliant. And Santonio Holmes deserved to be MVP, hands down. He played a great game.

On a sidenote:
I haven't hugged a single person in two weeks. Isn't that strange to think about?

No comments: