Saturday, February 28, 2009

Can anybody find me... good pad thai?

No one in Los Angeles seems to understand how to make tofu pad thai. The tofu is disgusting. This county is 0 for 3 in terms of Pad Thai.
I miss Thai Spoon on Harrison and Wabash in Chicago. It may not have been the very best Thai ever, but it was cheap and delicious. The tofu was always perfect--dried before frying. $6.06 plus the $1.35 for a bottle of Coke in the film building was my favorite lunch. Not even AstroBurger can compare. And I never had to pay for parking.
Point is, for being a diverse, desegregated city in comparison to Chicago, Los Angeles has not provided any good ethnic food. It's frustrating. I cannot live on burgers forever.

Toyotas and Tofu: The Bane of Los Angeles.
I need to get out of the area for awhile. I've been here six consecutive weeks. I haven't stayed in a city this long in about three years. Perhaps I will drive down to San Diego some weekend.

No comments: