Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nouning: California Positives

Here is a list of positive nouns about being in California This is more for my own sanity than anything, but maybe nouning will become a Sunday ritual for me:

Positive (New) People:
1. Georgie: Awesome roommate.
2. Rachel: Awesome (hiking) classmate.
3. Eric: Awesome (annoyed) classmate.
4. Chris: Awesome (asshole) classmate.
5. Jeremy: Awesome Friend-of-a-friend
6. Sean: Awesome-ish (kinda, I guess... just kidding, Sean is fun) Friend-of-a-friend.
7. Zach: Awesome (pug owning) friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend.
8. Lou: Awesome WWII Vet and Olympian.
9. Jack Gilbert: Awesome instructor.

Positive (New) Places:
1. My house: Awesome cute little office space and cute little bedroom and cute little yard.
2. Griffith Park: Awesome hiking trails.
3. In-and-Out Burger: Awesome (cheap) burger place!

Positive (New) Other Things:
1. My car: Awesome Pontiac Vibe in Salsa Red.
2. Writing letters: Awesome way to stay in touch, plan the revolution, and pass the time.
3. My cabinet in my room: Awesome place for hanging random stuff from friends (send more!).
4. Dolphins: Awesome creatures in the wild!
5. Sunshine: Awesome way to make me smile.
6. Howl and Other Poems: Awesome (not new) poetry that has saved my life.

See, things aren't so bad? I just have to adjust to the new environment, and that will take awhile. I can't wait, though, until I can list Awesome (New) Job among the Positive (New) Other Things.
Here's hoping for a Positive Week! And a new category idea...

No comments: