Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Coffee or Wine? Forget it all and give me a burger.

Right now, I am debating between a second glass of wine or a cup of coffee. I'm not sure if I want to go to bed early or stay up late. These are my big decisions in LA. That and what I want to do with my life. But I keep putting that one off. I'm just a kid, right? Damn it, that's twice tonight I've sounded like an X-man (person?). Where the hell are my superpowers? And predicting Steeler's interceptions doesn't count--except on that wonderful, glorious, beautiful SuperBowl. Thank you, thank you Harrison. (I'm not ready to let it go just yet... SIX...)

Yesterday, I visited AstroBurger. Since coming here, I have been trying burgers like mad because, outside of Blackie's on Printer's Row and The Wabash Tap, I was never satisfied. However, AstroBurger, recommended to me by Hilary Swank via People Magazine (or was it VH1?), was amazing. A great follow-up to a week that included In-and-Out Burger and Barney's Beanery. Barney's was good--Kobe beef, swiss cheese, medium well. But I am a sucker for fast food, and AstroBurger was quick, it was cheap, and it was delightful. (That's what she said, yeah?) And it's right down the street from Raleigh, so I can go whenever.
So, score yet another one for LA. I cannot wait to have a job and get fat from all the burgers.
Also yesterday, I climbed a rock or foothill or whatever with my same friend, Rachel. We didn't realize how soft the rocks were. They crumble. And it had just rained. Needless to say, we did not make it to the top. But getting down, it turns out, is harder. I think there is a life lesson in there--probably something about pressing on, but since we ended up climbing down successfully and making a fair mess of the seats of our pants in the process, I can't quite make the connection. Oh well. It was so worth it. I felt like one of Peter Pan's Lost Boys which is probably one of the better feelings in this world.
Score again for LA. You can't get high adventure like that in Chicago.

And in other news, Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Actually, since it's this week, I suppose we've passed a corner. This probably means a care-package from my mom. I really can't complain. But if you want to see a good rant that will make all us lonely folk feel better, check out mikeandcheese.com. This kid is hilarious.

No comments: