Thursday, February 26, 2009

After an Evening without Internet

Last night, the internet in my home ceased to work. Today on the lot, the internet for my building was down. I was 30% cutoff from the world. Instead of panicking, like I do, I worked on my spec, uninterrupted.
Needless to say, my brain hurts. Spending that much time with a television show is not pleasant, and I have no idea how one could write for television as a career. My realization that I am not meant for the world of TV Drama is now complete. While I would not turn down a job in television, I am not going to pursue one with any sort of fervor.
Fervor is a dirty little word, isn't it?

I will be so relieved when I am back in film classes. It is a shame, though, that saying good-bye to my taste of television means saying good-bye to a few of my classmates. Rachel, in particular, will be missed. Without her around, I will probably get fat from a lack of hiking or mobility in general. She also forced wit out of me on a few occasions, and it was nice to have to be sharp and have to pick up on sarcasm.

Alas, I have distracted myself long enough now that my internet has returned. There are still pages to be written and edits to be made. This episode of Without a Trace may kill me before tomorrow. While I enjoy the show immensely, I want to be writing other things in such a bad way.
Whatever. The sooner I start, the sooner I can finish, and the sooner I can get back to my cop and my koala.

This Sunday's Nouning: A Recap of The SiLA TV Drama Writing Program. Lucky you.

No comments: