Thursday, February 19, 2009

Socks to be me. Ding dong the mouse is dead.

This week has been ridiculous, but tonight I received the saddest ego-boost ever.
Where to begin: my car has a stalker. We've established this.
Yesterday, before a job interview, a mouse ran across my foot and my bedroom floor. He stayed in there for a bit, my roommate locked him in, and then I had to drive her to work. I came home and opened my door. Then I went and bought a trap. This morning, a mouse, perhaps the same one, was dead in the kitchen. I slept on a pull-out couch. So unpleasant.
Also yesterday, I went to a friend's house to hide from the mouse. We ended up playing pool in Beverly Hills, then going on a Garden State-meets-Pineapple Express adventure into Bel Air.
Today, toured Paramount. Bay may or may not have been there. I wish I could have seen him.
Later today, I called Christine because I received a beautiful pair of custom-made socks in the mail. That makes two packages and one letter this week. Anyway, the point is, I realized that I took so many of my friends for granted while I was in Chicago. It's a strange realization, especially because I love them so much. But I never realized until they were so far away how vital all of them were to my development as a person. While sitting along the pool today, I discussed with Rachel how certain people are in your life for a time, and perhaps they leave, but the change they make in you is forever. While I believe I will see Christine, Jordan, Andy, Mike, Cody, Paul, Nick, Connor, Sabrina, Jim, and the others again, if I don't, at least I will always have the person I am today and the person I will become, which is infinitely happier and more fulfilled, compassionate, and loved than I would be otherwise. I only hope they can say the same of me. After tonight, talking with Christine, I think there's hope of that.
And damn it, I'm a sucker for hope.

Here's to a better couple of days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY SOCKS!
I'm excited that they made you so happy. :D

Josh Rollins said...

[thumbs up]