Monday, February 23, 2009

Dear Toyota, I Hate Your Stinking Guts.

I drive a Pontiac with a Toyota engine. Most days, I feel I drive it rather well. However, for all intents and purposes, I do not drive a Toyota vehicle. In Los Angeles, that fact alone makes me a better driver than about 10% of the Los Angeles area.
Toyota drivers are the worst. Especially if they drive a Prius. This is pretty easily explained when you think about the ideology behind buying a Toyota:
-Folks who buy Toyotas are usually middle-class people who want good gas mileage and a decent safety rating. They don't appreciate well-engineered cars that hold the road, nor do they seem to understand the need for windows in a vehicle.
Having just purchased a car, and having considered purchasing several of Toyota's models, I can safely say that these things are riddled with blind spots. All of them. Especially the Prius. They are also not designed to hold the road. Now, my car is no German wonder or anything, but I can see, and I know that when it rains or snows, I'm golden. In fact, I've driven it through a snow storm. I've also driven Toyotas in flurries to find myself a little scared.
So they are soley worried about money. They drive too fast; they drive to work. They double park to ensure a lack of contact. They're cold and angry people.
-Folks who buy the Prius are morons. It gets only 10 miles a gallon better to the gallon than most fuel-efficient non-Hybrid cars, and they all meet emissions standards. However, when you examine the cost of owning and maintaining a Prius versus the amount saved in gasoline, the numbers do not add up unless you plan on owning the car for more than seven years. These cold, money-saving bastards are screwing themselves out of their own almighty dollar. Eventually they must realize this and their conscious suddenly feels conflicted. They will not hold onto a car to the point that it becomes ugly or outdated. They're angry and dissatisfied. And a danger to others on the road.
I think everyone must agree, then, that Toyotas are responsible for more evil than good in this world. Car accidents, road rage, a lack of moral conscience and proactive environmentalism have made these cars the bane of my driving existence.
Ban the Toyota. Buy anything else. Buy Pontiac, Mitsubishi. If you can, buy German. Or buy a damned Honda.

3 comments:

Josh Rollins said...

Toyotas are made in america...

SamiJane613 said...

I see no evidence to the contrary in this post. They're made at a plant in California, shared with Pontiac, which is how the Vibe came into being. However, it's the Pontiac design and logo that make all the difference.

Anonymous said...

Beep beep, I'm a Jeep.
Rather, Beige Thunder was. I want him back.
Half of my HS drove a Camry...they never really held up.
Beige Thunder, on the other hand, was a fuckin' tank. Still going, too, as far as I know.