Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another Morning Quickie... Privacy Issues

In about 15 minutes, I am going to leave for class where we will be discussing one-another's beat sheets. It has always been my opinion that beat sheets are of a personal nature, and are structured as the person sees fit to suit their own understanding of emotional shifts and scene work. OUTLINES are useful in discussing how heavy or light a scene is, and how much material is useless, useful, and where the plot holes are located. But yesterday, I shared my beat sheet with thc class--my beat sheet strucured like an outline. And today, I will critique other's private writing techniques based on what my instructor, who does not actually seem invested or interested in the class, has "taught" us.
In about 5 hours, I will find out whether or not our washing machine is fixed, and then, possibly, go and air my dirty laundry in public. Laudromats scare me. Actually, taking my laundry in public scares me--especially towels, underwear, and socks. The socks and underwear are so easy to lose, and so easy to misplace, and, they are also the most awkward to think of someond finding. Here's hoping that machine is fixed and working by the end of today, because I cannot go another day without doing laundry.

Today, I'm going to lay it all out there--flash Los Angeles County, if you will. Too bad I'm so pasty from winter in the Midwest.

And before I forget, please visit Andy Hannon's Blog. He's a funny kid with a funny contest. But don't enter the contest, because I think I should win since I'd like to see banana bread travel 2000 miles.

No comments: