Thursday, April 2, 2009

Overwhelming Smiles

Today, I pitched for the first time in LA. All things considered, it was most successful. I'm hoping to have them read the pilot in about six weeks.
Yesterday, I got a job hostessing at Barney's Beanery in Burbank. Yay income!
Tomorrow, I have another pitch, but I am much more nervous about this one. Gary feels under-developed, and I am not sure how to pitch the parallel story lines.
My friend Cody arrived from Chicago. Finally, I have a friend from Chicago out here.
Honestly, though, nothing seems real still. Los Angeles is still so bizarre, and this feeling of "I have to go home to Rock Island this summer" will not go away. But the truth is that Los Angeles is home, and I don't have to leave. I can keep working and doing the damned thing as long as I want. My life is as surreal as the Gary story, and it probably won't stop for a long time.
Samland has become my reality, I think. It makes more sense than the Hollywood game. Somehow, though, I don't think this will be a problem. Imagination never hurt anyone in Los Angeles.
That might be a lie...

No comments: