Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Most Magical Place in Hollywood... Not Joking

The Writer's Guild library might be the greatest place I've ever been that is not the Mississippi River. Sorting through their donations yesterday, I got to log an early draft of The Godfather script, a continuity draft of a musical from the 1940s, a script on Proust that was over 190 pages long, and a draft of Harriet the Spy--hooray childhood! It's quiet, it's relaxing, and it's full of talent and history. Walking through those glass doors into the library makes me want to write. And I have been. I can't wait until I'm able to look up one of my own scripts.

My dad arrives tomorrow! I'm so excited.

I hope everyone had a great Passover or is having a good Easter weekend. Either way, enjoy your flat bread and wine, yeah?

No comments: