Monday, March 23, 2009

The Week in Review

This weekend, we finished filming a web series, "Blue Movies" (www.watchbluemovies.com--the site is still under construction, so don't go yet). Quite the success for my first LA project. The cast and crew were great, and Scott, the writer/director, is quite talented. It has proven a pleasant relief from class. The contrast of people is remarkable.
My show bible is coming along quite nicely. I feel like I've got five characters who are both realistic and positive. The premise of the show is simple, and I would love to see this go into production for an 11-15-year-old audience. More and more, I feel I'm finding my niche writing for younger crowds. Perhaps because my own junior high and early high school years were so bizarre and mostly lonely. Excuse that slightly moody remark--I'm not angry. In fact, I think most people would say the same thing about their own lives. It's just true, and I think it was all for the best. I am the Samantha of today because of all those yesterdays.
This week, I learned that I will get to spend Easter with a family member. I might have mentioned this already, but I'm so excited that it's hard to contain. Okay, not too hard--it's contained very well in this little space, but in reality, and definitely internally, I am reacting, to quote Danny Boyle, "in the spirit of Tigger."
Right now, though, I desperately need sleep.

To my cast and crew reading this: bang-up job. I loved this weekend, and I love this project, and it was evident that all of you did as well!

No comments: