Saturday, March 28, 2009

Breakfast on the Front Porch--Finally, a Happy Rant

Learning to live with a mohawk hasn't been as difficult as I thought. In fact, it's growing on me. Pun intended.

Yesterday, I found out that I have a development internship with Beacon Pictures doing coverage. I love writing coverage, and Beacon has an amazing filmography, so I'm really excited. Once again, though, the recurring theme in my life seems to be "reach a goal; thank the person that pushed you toward it." This time it's my instructor, Van. So this week's thank you goes to you, sir. My prediction next week is that it will go to my "big brother" Dave. I have an interview that he helped me to set up. I don't think I will ever be able to express enough gratitude to the people in my life. Funny thing, though, is that I've spent most of my life feeling in debt to the world. However, the more I actually fall into help-debt with those I respect in my life, the less I feel indebted and more the more I just feel love. Someday, through these people's help, I will be able to help them in return. And I cannot wait for that day. It will be, to quote Bill and Ted, MOST TRIUMPHANT.

Also yesterday, I learned that not everyone in my producing class is a disrespectful soulless lump. There are two, probably three, and maybe four good folks in the class. Too bad I find this out a week before it's over. Regardless, one of them took my motorcycle shopping (for him, not for me--come on now), and we had a fun time. I feel like I've also connected well with the writers, so perhaps this semester was not a total networking flop.

To My River: Keep a low profile; have my beach ready. Soon I will get to see the sunrise and sunset on either side of the bend!

To the Redline: I miss you, you mechanical aorta to the angry city. Even if you do smell funny. Say hi to Addison for me.

***

I am updating at 10:45 p.m. Not so much updating, but adding.
Today, I spent about half my day in Santa Monica with a group of writers. I actually watched the sun set over the ocean and behind a mountain.
Then I came home to an empty house with a broken door jamb. Earlier, I had locked myself out and the neighbor and I did a number before I decided to climb through a window. Point is, I came home and watched Punk Drunk Love. Paul Thomas Anderson is amazing. The thing is, though, I have to watch his films alone, but I cannot watch his films alone. This one in particular. Something about the way I fall into the film... It happens with There Will Be Blood as well. Amazing. Beautiful.
My favorite Lays commerical just came on, with the song called Thinking, Drinking, Sinking Feeling. Beautiful. Who knew a potato chip could do that? Hah!
I'm going to go find that song

Good night!

No comments: