Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Waiting Game

I had a job interview on Friday. It went well. I'm waiting to hear back. And waiting. And waiting. The worst part is that this is a job I want more than any other entry-level position I've applied for in Hollywood. It is an assistant position at Beacon Pictures for Suzann - the wonderful woman for whom I interned in between my producing and directing classes. I love the company, I love their films, and I have so much respect for Suzann. There are people applying with more work experience, but I think I have the best work ethic for the job. I would work so hard for Suzann and this company because I actually care. I also have a lot riding on this. Two of my references are very close to her and the company, and I would hate to disappoint them. I know the company's projects in development since I was an interned and covered all those projects. I could keep going, but it does little good and it makes me more anxious. So I'll just keep waiting.

On the upside, some of my impatience was sated when my shoes and dvds - bought courtesy of the Jinks/Cohen Company - arrived in the mail this week. Thank you Amazon! I got the cutest pumps to match my dress for the Chicago Impact Awards, and I got Baz Luhrmann's Red Curtain Trilogy and Pare Lorentz's WPA documentaries about the Midwest! One is called The River and actually features footage from my hometown. It made me cry when I watched it to see my River. I miss it so much.

So that's it right now. Waiting and waiting and waiting. I'm like Chuck Norris... I don't sleep because I'm anxiety-ridden and waiting for SOMETHING to happen.

No comments: