Monday, October 5, 2009

One Good Week, The Pittsburgh Steelers, and What is this - High School?

I made rent on my own last week - without help from my parents. It felt good. Until I looked at my bank account. And got the energy and water bill. Biggest joke of my life. God love my wasteful roommate, because I sure don't sometimes.

I quit Jinks/Cohen. This week is my last week. I'm calling it the Samantha Garrison reclamation project. Another joke, right? Who knows.
But last week, from Monday to Sunday night, was a really solid week. No idea why.

I love football. The Steelers finally won! Watching them play never ceases to make me smile, even when they lose. There's just something about football and being a fan and being personally connected to something both intelligent and barbaric - something like controlled war. Love it.

Today, I spent the day applying for non-film jobs. It's like being in high school again. "Hey, can I get a job application? I'm a college graduate who can't find a job in the field for which she spent two years and a gazillion dollars. Wanna help me out?" Hooray humility lessons, right?

On the upside, at least my other part time job at the sports bar allows me the chance to watch football and eat chili cheese fries - my favorite!

Enough complaining. Last week really was awesome. From Monday to Sunday, I felt light, happy. And I made progress with the koala!

No comments: