Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Last Names

Yesterday, I had a conversation with my mom. We discussed my cousin and her two daughters and how none of them have the same last name. Then it occured to us how very arbitrary last names are. So, maybe someday, I will legally change my last name. And when I do, I want my new name to rhyme. So I proposed this to my friend Nathaniel today: Samantha Jane Buttrefli-Rayne. Butterfly-Rain has a wonderful ring to it, but the spelling is a little phonetic, and since my first two names are already so very pronounceable, I want a last name that is a little more fun.
So there that is.

On an even happier, more legitimate note, IT'S RAINING IN LOS ANGELES! Mordor is no-more-dor! I love it. Today, I donned my leather jacket and my scarf to buy stationary, then came home, and I'm writing and writing and writing (as evidenced here) and reading Harry Potter for the bazillionth time because I'm super lame.

Bible study tonight; no Jink/Cohen tomorrow - we'll see how that goes. I have a feeling I'm going to miss it more than I realize. But to cheer me up, my dear friend Andrew is flying in from Valparaiso to see me! YAY!

No comments: