Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Little Part of Me Died... Something Else Took Its Place

Two days ago, my little sister sent me an iPod in the mail, along with several gifts and books from my mother. I've never really cared to own an iPod, but she had an extra lying about, created a playlist for me, and sent it my way. The day I got it, I took it with me to the park. Usually, I like hiking to the sounds of nature, no headphones. I broke a personal rule and listened to some music. Next thing I know, I was breaking another rule and RUNNING up a hill. I don't run unless I'm being chased. But I jogged most the mile and a half trail. When I finished, I felt amazing! I had so much energy the rest of the day. So, I tried again yesterday. Same thing. So much energy. Today, my legs are incredibly sore, but it feels so worth it. The energy seems to still be there.

Perhaps I need to find another rule to break. Mike is in town this week, so it should be easy. We like to go on adventures and make mischief.

I also did something out of character on Friday and left my house for a party. I suppose it was fun to see my friends, but I still just hate parties. I can't explain it, and I don't care to either. I went to a friend's show at Crane's Tavern as well. It was great. Well worth the stress of leaving the house to go into Hollywood on a Friday night. I'll be going to more in the future.

What a strange weekend. Here's hoping today continues the pattern.

No comments: