Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cell Phone Drama, Plus Loves and Hates

Yesterday, for no reason that I can discern, my cell phone screen went blank. It still makes and receives calls, but I cannot see anything. How annoying. And I have US Cellular. The nearest store is in NorCal. You sponsor a baseball field and you can't have a store based in LA? Really? I hope the White Sox kick you to the curb. Punks.

So, day two of Sam Doesn't Wanna Go Home Loves and Hates.

Love Number Two: THE BEACH! It's so weird that I can just go whenever I have a few hours to spare, but I love it. Parking costs less than a movie ticket, and I can sit for hours, resting, people watching, play in the water, or walking around in the sand. It's always at least 10 degrees cooler than The Valley, and it almost makes me forget that it never rains in LA.

Hate Number Two: THE TRAFFIC! It makes getting to the beach difficult - or getting anywhere. This might be the bane of my existence, the one thing I hate most. Traffic makes a monster of me. One time, I actually roared in my car with frustration. Embarrassing, yes, but I'm sure anyone trapped in LA traffic has been there.

So that's it. I'm going to go throw a pity party for me and my cell phone!

No comments: