Monday, May 18, 2009

On Visiting Chicago

Today I walked in my college graduation. It's strange how soon that came. Two years, two crazy interesting years. I can honestly say I've learned a lot, and a lot of it came from the classroom. Two years ago, I arrived at film school like a little Harry Potter, totally ignorant of the magic that is film. And now I live in LA, and I'm working in the industry.
Today I also saw my very best friends, Christine and Jordan, for the first time in four months. It had actually been five since I saw Christine, and I still cannot believe how much I missed them. I love those two. And I love my family. And my "older brother" Dave, and my dear friend Paul, on whose couch I am writing this. I have some amazing people in my life, and it's good to know that as long as I am with them, I feel home.
It also felt strange to miss LA. I don't want to be there right now, this instant, but I feel it pulling at me. It is home, and my life is there. Plus, I missed an earthquake today, and I'm bummed.
Anyway, it's 3:40, not 1:40, so I should probably sleep.

No comments: