Thursday, May 7, 2009

On Sunshine

While I am redder then a tomato right now, I must say, I love sunshine. I love the beach. Today, I finally went into the water--the Pacific Ocean--and actually enjoyed it. Even the scary, fall-into-a-hole-while-a-wave-came-at-me parts.

It occurred to me today that returning to classes in three weeks might kill me just a little. I've established a sort of routine with people who are well out of film school, with offices and lunch breaks, with commutes and schedules. Barney's is going well--I love the waitresses with whom I work, and I love the atmosphere of the restaurant, especially at night when people come to sit at the bar and watch the game. And the WGA... I LOVE IT. That library really is the greatest place ever. I work with three incredibly kind people, I get to read scripts, I get to alphabetize and organize, and I get to be in a creative, quiet, peaceful environment.

My pictures from my first disposable camera are on facebook. I feel like that was a practice run for starting something more with it on here (or perhaps a new blog... haven't decided). Here's a few and what they are in my world:



This one is something my friend and I happened upon. Just a pine cone on a rock. But it looked like the pipe is actually some sort of ray gun bent on destroying this pine cone. But why? Perhaps it's more than just a pine cone... Who knows? The second one is my favorite tree. It's on a mountain, on a part of the path that slopes, so it literally makes you feel as though your world has shifted about 90 degrees. It's on a good trail, as well, which makes it even better.

So there those are. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!

Garrett said...

I see you've begun the photo sickness as well... good times, that. Anyway... seems you're doin' well and that's always good to hear.