Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Los Angeles Update

I'm in LA County now--Glendale. The place I found via craigslist is quite impressive--it's cute, my roommates are incredibly kind, and the neighborhood is beautiful. I've nearly unpacked, and I'm trying to get in touch with people out here. It's tough, though. You can't just red line it to where ever or meet people on campus. Here, it's driving and gas money and traffic. But it's also only been three days. I have to remember that.
My cell phone charger port came detached from the phone, so I'm waiting on a new one as the batter power dwindles.
Honestly, though, I love it here. Granted, I'm in the "burbs", but it's great. People are pretty friendly, too. Even the traffic, which I thought would be angry, is actually pretty laid back. As much as people go too fast, and as much as it's crowded, everyone seems to respect the fact that we're all in the same boat. Rarely have I heard anyone honk their horns.
Right now, I'm watching 30 Rock on DVR because my roommates and I love good TV, apparently. Haha. More later...

1 comment:

SABRINAAAAAAA said...

How's the couch? Can't wait to crash on it!