Sunday, January 25, 2009

I've Got 5 Minutes

About to head to church in a nightclub.
Found my purse and found some people to help carry this ugly desk into my house. But now I have a desk.
Bought a chair at IKEA. Bought a useless extension cord. Seriously--why would you make an extension cord that only supports the 2-pronged plugs. I will never understand.

Last night, I finally realized just how far 2000 miles is. It's funny how when you lose identity, your access to cash, and your transportation how good even Chicago in January can look. Especially when you've got your giant, your old woman, your musician, and your secretary all contacting you letting you know "they'd help if they could."
It's like I told Jordan today: they have it so lucky; I get out here first, knowing no one so that when they get out here, they have it easy. They'll have the friendly face with the car that can haul anything and park anywhere. They'll have the guide and the contacts. They'll have me. But I guess that's all I have, too, and everything did work out. What it comes down to is the fact that I am pretty neat and regardless of one bad day and one 24-hour period when I would have rather been in Chicago, I am doing just fine.

The sun came out today for the first time in two days. I swear that makes all the difference.

Now, to tackle that dead mouse in my kitchen...

1 comment: