Monday, February 15, 2010

Asking for Trouble

I saw three fantastic movies this weekend. I've been writing.
I spent Valentine's day narrating The Holiday to a friend via AIM.
I've drank more Stella than I care to disclose.
And I've been very happy and very sad.
Gotta love a holiday weekend.
I realized, though, after An Education, that I need to grow up. And perhaps that means I need to hurt just a little.
I say I want to find a Henry Higgins or maybe a David Goldberg (An Education reference, forgive me) to, as I told my friend earlier, show me the other person inside me and bring her to the surface. I need to fall in love and have my heart broken.
I need to dance with another person and let go of that fear.
I need to live a life that is, for a moment, as idealistic as I feel right now.
See - asking for trouble.
Bring it on! For God's sake, bring it on!
I went from a very small world that didn't fit to a very large world that is so much bigger than I could have ever dreamed, and I'm lost.
Perhaps a first love would be like weight training. It would stretch and tear at that stupid little heart muscle so it can grow. So I can grow.

And there that is.
Good night, and here's hoping for some adventure and a few torn muscles along the way.

No comments: