Sunday, February 21, 2010

Adventures on Ventura

The boulevard, of course.
Last night, Jadi, one of my roommates, took me out to dinner with some friends of hers. Good wine, good food, and good conversation. Loved it.
These three gentlemen then suggested we go out afterward, so we went to a bar called Oil Can Harry's. Turns out, it's a gay bar, and it's 70s disco night.
I grabbed a gin and tonic and panicked for a moment - I don't dance, so it was terrifying.
Then I looked around. Middle-aged gay men in the valley can't really dance either, so I jumped in...
and I had so much fun. Blondie's "Heart of Glass" started playing, and I joined Jadi, her friend Jenny, and the guys on the dance floor. Such a strange feeling, that moment when I just stopped caring. But it felt awesome. I've gotta do that again.

No comments: