Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Not There

I'm still not back from my trip - at least my brain isn't. I spent no time going out at home and nearly all my time visiting different people in Chicago. Sleep in, lunch, drinks, dinner, night - each with a different person or people every single day. I did not pace myself well, and I did not get to see as many folks in Rock Island as I would have liked. And my visits in Chicago were imbalanced - perhaps I tried to see too many people. But such is circumstance. So much of grown up is lost in silence. We run out of words or we never get the chance to say them.
And now I'm back at work. New year means lots of small adjustments. It's also given me a chance to really reorganize my desk and my cabinets to fit me. Gotta love the purge.
My body aches - I've been working it too hard in my morning workouts, especially after 12 days of gluttony. And I haven't slept. And I read Twilight. My brain is just beyond friend.
Plus, the script I was editing was a real downer. I'm glad to have some time away from it.
Sorry to be so whiny. I'm actually quite happy. Just totally lost and distracted and scared about my first whole year as a grown up. No school, no grades, no classes. Just life.
Oy.

No comments: