Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Been Awhile Since I've Fairytaled

It never ceases to amaze me how Life insists that I be wrong for thinking logically. Right now, the circumstances in my life are (vaguely, and I apologize) something like this:

I leave in 2 months for Los Angeles. TWO MONTHS.
Something new and exciting has just started here in Chicago.
In all likelihood, it will be impossible for said new and exciting thing to remain in my life in LA.

So there that is. And I am not stressed about it, and I don't think it's wrong, but I don't know what to do.

How is it that I am okay with this?

Now for dinner stories:

Aurelia arrived at City Hall just ten minutes early. City Hall in Hardenstall contained a ballroom which also doubled as a meeting hall, and, in this case, a banquet hall. There were about fifteen other people in the room when Aurelia walked in--city officials, servers, and two of the three dignitaries--and she remained mostly unnoticed. Prince Reginald, however, was just entering the room from a side door as discreetly as he could when he spotted Aurelia moving along the edge of the crowd. He ducked behind a small plant as she moved his direction. He did not want anyone to notice him so that he could speak to her.
As Aurelia walked the edge of the crowd, she passed close to the two Outsiders and wondered where the prince was. Then she caught a snippet of their conversation:
"I do hope that seamstress arrives soon."
"Do you think she is the one?"
"Yes. The Judge said she lives outside of town."
"That gives us ample opportunity to speak with her."
"Precisely. But there is something about her. She does not look like these people, and she certainly has a gift."
"You're right. She is the sorceress."
Aurelia hurried past them and stopped a moment. She stood directly in front of Prince Reginald, nearly in tears.
Prince Reginald had heard the conversation as well, being near enough and very good at reading lips. He reached out to Aurelia, who recoiled at his touch.
"It's just Prince Reginald."
She made a move to leave him.
"Please, I heard their conversation, and we are not here for you. At least, not to my knowledge."
"Please, Your Highness, tell me what's going on."
"Come outside with me, and I will fill you in."

The two left the way Prince Reginald entered the room, and both thought they went unnoticed.

No comments: